Motorola Two-Way Radios
for Grocery Stores
Improve Customer Service with Instant Communication
Two-way business radios offer instant, discrete communications that facilitate rapid response and situational awareness at the touch of a button.
Regardless of economic climate or market conditions, staying competitive requires three things – controlling costs, increasing operational productivity, and providing a differentiated customer experience. Central to all three of those components is the ability for you to instantly, easily, and discreetly communicate with your staff and for your staff to communicate with each other.
Designed specifically for retail businesses, Motorola’s array of analog and digital two-way business radios—including the CLS TM, RDX TM and DTRTM series of products—enable that communication. With two-way business radios, you have the flexibility to choose the type of radio, features, and accessories that best suit your need for easy, cost-effective communications that improve staff productivity; speed response times, and allow discrete communication for maximum customer satisfaction.
Provide a differentiated customer experience
A happy customer is a repeat customer and whether your customer has a question or needs help finding a product, your immediate response to their issue has a lasting impact. Motorola radios keep your employees working together as a cohesive team to ensure your customer gets the personal service and attention to detail that sets you apart from your competitors and keeps your customers coming back.
For example, waiting for price checks from the checkout line can be annoying for customers waiting for the price, as well as for those in line behind them. In addition, calling over the intercom for a price check can be disruptive to shoppers and sometimes even embarrassing for the customer needing the price. Two-way business radios help employees quickly, efficiently, and discreetly address the daily challenges of providing excellent customer service, while reducing costs and ensuring safety and security. The result – increased customer satisfaction, enhanced employee efficiency at a reduced cost.
Motorola’s two-way business radios can help you:
– Control Costs
– Increase Operational Productivity
– Provide Differentiated Customer Experience
Boost operational efficiency and staff productivity
Keeping operational costs under control is a major challenge, especially in the retail market, that relies heavily on finding ways to significantly improve the productivity of every employee and the efficiency of each business process. Two-way business radios can provide up to 350,000 square feet or 30 floors of range to enable maximum coverage throughout your store. At the touch of a button, your staff can accelerate restocking, improve merchandise flow, and get the job done right.
Slow response to requests and out-of-stock conditions are at the top of most retail customers’ complaint list. With two-way business radios, when a customer calls the store to check on availability of a specific item, your Customer Service team can quickly contact store personnel on the floor to check stock. If stock is not on the shelf, floor personnel can contact the stock room and arrange for restocking without having to leave the area. This enables floor personnel to spend more productive time out on the sales floor and remain available to your customers at all times. In addition, two-way business radios are easy to use, minimizing training needed for new personnel.
Enhance safety and security throughout the store
Quickly alerting employees to wet floors and broken glass prevents accidents. Discretely sending staff to monitor suspicious activity helps prevent theft and deter crime. Rapid response to a customer who may require medical attention or a frantic parent trying to locate a lost child improves safety. Two-way business radios help you get these jobs done immediately and securely.
Your first priority to keeping your customers and your personnel safe and secure is ensuring that your employees can quickly react to urgent situations. Motorola two-way business radios offer instant, discrete communications that facilitate rapid response and situational awareness at the touch of a button and lets your staff mobilize quickly to respond to incidents, sending the right employees to the right location armed with the right information.
Motorola two-way business radios are easy to manage, easy to use and provide many advantages to independent business owners such as, increased coverage, rugged durability, long battery life and crisp audio quality.
Features and advantages that provide real value
The right communications strategy helps store managers do more with less and maintain focus on what drives and differentiates the business. Motorola two-way business radios provide multiple advantages to independent business owners, including:
– Crisp audio quality: Improved speaker performance enables users to clearly hear the audio whether on the store floor, in a busy stockroom, or throughout a noisy warehouse.
– Rugged Durability: Radios used in a busy setting must withstand heavy use. Motorola radios meet U.S. Military 810 C, D, E, F specifications and IP54/55* for durability and reliability.
– Long battery life: Not only do the radios last throughout an entire shift, Motorola offers batteries that last up to 26 hours* per charge, ensuring that when your staff needs to communicate, communications will be available to meet overtime demands and multiple shift operations. Rapid charging ensures your batteries are ready to go in only a few hours.
– Increased Coverage: Two-way business radios extend your communication coverage up to 350,000 sq. ft. or 30 floors, enabling your employees to communicate from the front door to the loading dock.
– Affordability: Motorola’s two-way business radios require no monthly air-time fees and no per-minute charges, significantly reducing your operational expenses and enabling quick return on investment.
– Easy to manage: Customer Programmable Software (CPS), available on DTR and RDX radios, enables you to manage and customize the radio yourself through a PC. You can also program radios using front panel programming or via cloning (using cloning cable accessory.)
– Easy to use: Simple, intuitive, and user friendly, Motorola two-way business radios reduce the time it takes for new employees to achieve maximum productivity.
– Audio Accessories: Wide range of compatible audio accessories, such as, earpieces and headsets, allow easy hands-free and discrete operation, enabling employees to provide better service and increasing worker productivity.
– Ergonomic: Compact, lightweight, professional styling and a wide variety of accessories to uniquely suit the fast-paced retail environment
– Cost effective: Affordable cost allows stores to purchase a larger stock of radios to give more employees access to communications, while staying within budget
– Easy to manage: Simplified charging and cloning allows up to six batteries to be charged simultaneously and program changes to be performed quickly and easily
– Easy to use: The unique oversized PTT located on the front of the radio enables simple, easy to use communications with little or no training required, an advantage in markets with high employee turnover
– One-to-One calling: Talk privately with a specified individual
– One-to-Many group calling: Communicate with a specified group of employees
– Text messaging: Send pre-set messages or key in a short custom message (requires mini keyboard accessory)
– Reduced operational expenses: DTR radios require no FCC licensing fee, monthly airtime fees and no per-minute charges
– Superior audio features: Provides crisper audio through improved speaker magnetic field reduction, wind noise reduction, and RF specifications
– Rugged durability: Meets IP54/55 military specification standards with a durable metal diecast chassis that stands up to the most demanding conditions
– Customized features: CPS software enables custom radio settings
– Repeater capability: Compatibility with duplex repeaters greatly extends coverage and overcomes dead spots
The bottom line
Keeping your operation running smoothly, your employees working at peak efficiency, and your costs under control lets you create a differentiated customer experience that sets you apart from your competitors and keep your customers coming back. Motorola two-way business radios help you achieve that goal with durable, reliable portable radios that provide instant communications for maximum response.